A revealed identity leads to an impossible decision.
Journalist Alice Kennings grapples with how to act after uncovering the identity of an alt-right podcast host calling for violence against the media. Based on real events, White Heat is a play about all the things we justify to ourselves. Written by Graham Isador (VICE, GQ) and directed by Dora Award winner Jill Harper (Pool No Water).
August 11-14, 2019.
Longboat Hall at The Great Hall.
- White Heat on Summerworks’ website.
- Summerworks ’19 Spotlight: White Heat – Hye’s Musings.
- White Heat: Graham Isador takes on neo-Nazis – Drew Rowsome.
- Graham Isador’s White Heat Examines How Journalists Became The Target of Online Trolls – The Globe and Mail.
- Two Old Friends, Two New Plays with Links to Internet Culture at Summerworks – Toronto Star.
- 10 Artists to Watch at Summerworks 2019 – NOW Magazine.
- Summerworks: Celebrating the Possibilities of Performance – Drew Rowsome.
- Four Questions with White Heat – Summerworks.
- 2019 Summerworks Preview Questionnaire: White Heat – ArtsVox.
- White Heat, Online Trolls & The Hustle of Writing: In Conversation with Graham Isador – In The Greenroom.
- Summerworks 2019 Wrap-Up: Experimental Performance is Alive and Well – NOW Magazine.
- Top 10 Theatre 2019 – Life With More Cowbell.
- REVIEW: White Heat – Istvan Dugalin.
- REVIEW: White Heat – Mooney on Theatre.
- REVIEW: White Heat – Life with More Cowbell.
- REVIEW: White Heat – The Slotkin Letter.
- REVIEW: White Heat – NOW Magazine.
- REVIEW: White Heat – Drew Rowsome.